Monday, March 22, 2010

BLOG POST 9

It has been a while since I've seen Avatar so I decided to listen to the soundtrack and get a feel for the the sounds of the movie. I also must say that I enjoyed this movie very much.

When listening to the Na'vi music I get the feeling that I am listening to some of the music that we heard from Senegal. That African tribal kind of feeling with the drums and a chant. It brings a very special feeling to the Na'vi, in my opinion the music is what gives you your feelings towards the people. This music was completely different from the film score music from avatar. I personally liked the Na'vi music more just because it doesn't sound like it was made in a studio as much, it has a wild taste to it.

The Film score side of the movie was just like any other movie in my opinion. Brass instruments and chordophones mixed together to make epic music for movies. Film score adds theatrical greatness to a movie, and in Avatar's sake it was a great mixture of film score and na'vi music. Two different types of music one mixing a tribal feel of idiophones and chanting and the other heavy brass and chordophones.

No comments:

Post a Comment